10 Cheapest Cars to Insure
Take heart, minivan drivers: Your vehicle may not be the coolest on the road but it probably is one of the cheapest to insure.
Six of the top ten 2011 vehicles with the lowest insurance rates are minivans, according to Insure.com. The Chrysler Town & Country LX took top honors, with a national average annual insurance premium of $1,092. The seventh least-expensive vehicle to insure, the Honda Odyssey EX, is also one of our picks for the ten best cars of the past decade. Here are all the cars on Insure.com's list:
1. Chrysler Town & Country LX -- $1,092 average premium
2. Toyota Sienna 4 cylinder -- $1,101
3. Toyota Sienna LE -- $1,108
4. Honda Odyssey LX -- $1,115
5. Nissan Murano SL -- $1,128
6. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport -- $1,131
7. Honda Odyssey EX -- $1,138
8. Toyota Sienna 6 cylinder -- $1,143
9. Ford Escape XLS -- $1,150
10. Toyota Highlander -- $1,154
The most expensive to insure? The Mercedes SL65 AMG, with a national average annual premium of $3,544.